Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Vaccinate middle-age Americans against COVID-19 first - Los Angeles Times

To the editor: Your article on determining who will get the first COVID-19 vaccine doses was interesting.

Simple logic suggests providing the vaccine to people over 65, who are at the highest risk. Others suggest targeting younger people because they are the most prolific spreaders of COVID-19.

Perhaps the best solution is a compromise between risk mitigation and necessary active participation in society. So, I suggest that people aged 45-65 have priority.

They are at higher risk for COVID-19 complications than the younger people doing a lot of the spreading, and they spend more time exposed due to their high workforce participation.

Robert Anton, Simi Valley

..

To the editor: As someone who is a participant in an mRNA vaccine trial, I would encourage people to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

At 60 years old, I put off getting the shingles vaccine, and at 61, I got shingles. When I was 64, I contracted pneumonia. I was one year short of the recommended age for receiving the vaccine that could have prevented it.

So, it was a no-brainer for me to try to get into a vaccine trial. I am tremendously grateful that I took part in the Moderna study; my symptoms were similar to other trial participants who had sore muscles, fatigue and a headache.

While I had a few different reasons for participating, one important motive was to do what I’m calling a random act of patriotism. I hope others do the same as the vaccines become available.

Susan Gonzales, San Diego

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"middle" - Google News
November 25, 2020 at 06:00PM
https://ift.tt/361tkQ2

Vaccinate middle-age Americans against COVID-19 first - Los Angeles Times
"middle" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2MY042F
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Tornado Watch for parts of Middle Georgia - wgxa.tv

[unable to retrieve full-text content] Tornado Watch for parts of Middle Georgia    wgxa.tv "middle" - Google News December 30...

Postingan Populer