Rechercher dans ce blog

Monday, June 28, 2021

Danny Ainge is a candidate to join Utah Jazz front office (report) - MassLive.com

worldinmiddleeast.blogspot.com

Less than one month after former Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge announced his retirement from Boston’s front office, the executive is being considered a candidate for an advisory role with the Utah Jazz, according to a report from Tony Jones of The Athletic.

Ainge, 62, spoke about why he stepped down from day-to-day operations with the Celtics last month when the team announced Brad Stevens would be taking over Ainge’s former position.

“I think that when I had a heart attack two years ago, I started thinking about what I was doing with my life and what are the things I want to accomplish,” he said. “I think my life expectancy is maybe a little bit less than yours Gary, who knows. But I don’t know what my future holds. I don’t have any plans. Right now, my goal is to get Brad up to speed on the draft as I think I said, our whole staff will be able to help in all of that and try to make this transition and put the Celtics in as good a place as we can be. I’ll think about the future somewhere in the future.”

Ainge has deep ties to the Utah region through his family and is reportedly very close to new Utah Jazz owner Ryan Smith. The long-time Celtic also put up his Wellesley residence up for sale earlier month.

Utah’s executive Vice President of basketball operations Dennis Lindsey stepped down on Sunday night to take an advisory role with the team. General manager Justin Zanik will take over and run day-to-day operations in his absence. The moves come on the heels of a disappointing second-round exit for the Jazz to an undermanned Los Angeles Clippers in the Western Conference Playoffs.

Adblock test (Why?)



"front" - Google News
June 28, 2021 at 09:02PM
https://ift.tt/3jnUKXu

Danny Ainge is a candidate to join Utah Jazz front office (report) - MassLive.com
"front" - Google News
https://ift.tt/3aZh1mr
https://ift.tt/3b2xvu5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Tornado Watch for parts of Middle Georgia - wgxa.tv

[unable to retrieve full-text content] Tornado Watch for parts of Middle Georgia    wgxa.tv "middle" - Google News December 30...

Postingan Populer