Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Judge John Hodgman on Calling Yourself Middle-Aged - The New York Times

Blake writes: My mother thinks I’m too young to call myself middle-aged. I’m 32, well into the middle range of the average American male life span. My wife and I are expecting our second child. May I say I’m middle-aged?

I understand. If you, like me, were born at the mental age of 35, it’s a huge relief to reach that milestone and finally let loose the sexless, puttering weirdo who was always inside you. But those golden years don’t last. True middle age doesn’t happen until you deny you are middle-aged — when your kids start disappearing into their own adulthoods, so you grow a beard and wear hoodies because you’re still young! In some ways younger than ever! Don’t worry, those years are fun, too (except for everyone else). Then one day you’ll make a pun to a barista, and she will stare through you and say, “Nice dad joke,” and that is how you die. Or at least, it’s how I did.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"middle" - Google News
December 30, 2020 at 05:00PM
https://ift.tt/3rGdMdi

Judge John Hodgman on Calling Yourself Middle-Aged - The New York Times
"middle" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2MY042F
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Tornado Watch for parts of Middle Georgia - wgxa.tv

[unable to retrieve full-text content] Tornado Watch for parts of Middle Georgia    wgxa.tv "middle" - Google News December 30...

Postingan Populer